VALOR VALOR

Solid game music

As with your last track I reviewed I think this piece can stand on it's own however if you really wanted you could develop it further with a fuller orchestra so that it builds up to an even stronger and more epic climax. It depends on what you want out of the track, it's good as it is or you could use it as a foundation to build something really dramatic (maybe you could save that version for later in the game)

It's very different to the calmer piano pieces you make, which shows that you can diversify and create different moods. Keep up the good work!

poptarts47 responds:

thanks a lot for letting me know what i could do with this piece i really appreciate you input. also i agree with you that this is too short but i had such a short time to come up with something. :)

-:: World Above Us ::- -:: World Above Us ::-

Sets the mood

Another great track for a movie scene. I thought of the film Donnie Darko when I listened to this. As already mentioned it has a slightly creepy feel but also a thought provoking one. Music for strange or uncertain moments in a film but then that's just my opinion.

Agitat0r responds:

I actually had inspirations for this track from Michael Andrews (man you can read my mind!), composed soundtracks for Donnie Darko and Zero Effect.

Our minimalists love to use simple melodies then later build them up with constant tempos. We kind of 'recycle' the previous melodies n instruments to make another new layer but add a few new notes in.

-:: Original Title ::- -:: Original Title ::-

Fluid

To my ear it definitely has an oriental theme to it. I really like the flow of the plucked instrument (sounds like a harp to me). It's seemed almost effortless the way you changed the mood of this piece as it was very relaxing at first but then you speeded it up and added more instruments which created a greater sense of urgency. Would make great background music to a movie scene.

Agitat0r responds:

Yup, you're right it's harp, woodwinds and harps work like charm together. Yeah I thought those amount of instruments weren't good enough but I'm a minimalist nerd, limited instruments and repeated melodies are always my best options, especially to deliver an ambient-like emotion using classical genre.

Thank you for the review a lot. Good day!

mwabeat mwabeat

Atmospheric

I think this would be good for setting a slightly creepy mood, one that casts doubt and uncertainty into the listener of a game or flash movie. It's very subtle, I like it.

Doumaaa responds:

hey cool thanks for that. Yeah that would work, it does have a strange atmosphere to it..

Cheers

Russian Sunrise Russian Sunrise

A reason to rediscover your keyboard

This is a great little tune, it's simple and 'light' as you described below. I like the contrast of the constant bass synth in the background with the soft piano as the lead and the violin is nice touch too. It's a shame you don't play the piano anymore and make more stuff like this.

Doumaaa responds:

Thanks! Glad you like it.. well I love the piano as an instrument, I just completely forgot everything I used to know and kinda switched to guitar. But if I find the time I guess I'll get back to the piano someday anyway ;)

her sweet scent her sweet scent

Just what I needed to hear to relax

I agree with EmceeWhatE that adding some orchestral instruments or perhaps even a full orchestra could really develop this piece further however going solo as you have on the piano I think makes it sound more personal and I guess that's the whole point of this piece. Very relaxing to listen to, keep up the good work.!

poptarts47 responds:

thank you so much for taking the time to critique this piece, i need this to track to be perfect for her lol (i know i sound lame). i will be posting a different version of this in a couple of weeks thanks again!! :)

just for us just for us

Beautiful

Pieces like this really demonstrate a musician's talent and creativity. It's very therapeutic to listen to, sounds very natural and fluid. I can just picture this being used in a movie.

It's nice to listen to such a relaxing and simple piece. Keep it up!

poptarts47 responds:

oh wow!! thanks im really glad you liked it, and theres more where that came from!!

menu theme (heroes call) menu theme (heroes call)

Moody

I think this music does exactly what it was made for. I can easily imagine it on a menu screen or whilst cycling through characters to select. It doesn't get boring and all the instruments compliment each other nicely. I like the way the drums really give that sense of battle on the horizon.

poptarts47 responds:

:) thanks i appreciate the time you took to give your input thank you

When Death is The Last Resort When Death is The Last Resort

MASSIVE!

What can I say, other than I really LOVE this track, so much so that it's stuck in my head and has been for a good few days now. It's larger than life sound doesn't really reflect it's title as it's such an exciting and epic tune to listen to. Love it and keep them coming!

SKILLZmakeKILLZ responds:

Gladly ;)

Random Thing Sunday Random Thing Sunday

Hidden Gem

This is a fantastic thumping but chilled track that definitely deserves a lot more attention. Maybe you could get a female voice to say a few words over this music to make it even more special. Keep up the good work.

Droplifter responds:

Wow man cheers for the review. Yeah it got shot down on here before I had a chance to offer it up to singers. Thanks for checking it out.